Thursday, February 12, 2009

CBC Local Newscast Assignment

CBC Local News Analisis
It took a long time to break down the newscast and split it into different stories, after reviewing and calculating this is what I got:
32:51 News
5:29 Weather
3:35 Sports
= 43:10 Total running time
= 16:50 Commercials
There is a pattern in the way a newscast is ordered. After the preview and lead story, it pretty much goes short news stories, weather, preview of what's after the commercial and then commercial break. Each weather segment that is done gives away a better look at weather, with the final weather forecast showing the long range forecast. I found news stories to be around 40 seconds long, with the reporter news stories being around 2 minutes. The longer stories use reporters where as the short stories, the anchor tells the story with background footage. Sometimes, even the anchor starts and then introduces the reporter.
In comparison to Mr. Nutbean’s list of times for all of the stories. I was fairly close, this is what I got: (click on the image to view enlarged)

No comments:

Post a Comment